Fireworks Safety Tips
Know The Risks and Be Prepared
Many people do not realize just how dangerous fireworks and sparklers can be—which is a primary reason that injuries occur. Fireworks can not only injure the users but can also affect bystanders.
Most injuries and accidents occur because people often underestimate the dangers posed by fireworks and don’t take proper safety precautions. In fact, the Consumer Product Safety Commission found that more than half of fireworks-related injuries were the result of unexpected ignition or consumers not using fireworks as intended.
Unfortunately, all fireworks carry potential risks of burns, blindness and other injuries, but you can significantly reduce the potential for danger through proper planning and safety.
Tips for Safe Firework Use
When using fireworks, always plan in advance who will shoot them, and what safety precautions will be in place. Here are some suggestions to ensure safety and avoid accidents:
• Keep spectators at a safe distance.
• Never give sparklers to children under five.
• Only use fireworks as intended. Do not alter or combine them, and do not use homemade fireworks.
• Do not carry fireworks in your pocket or shoot them from metal or glass containers.
• Point fireworks away from people, homes, trees, etc.
• Show children how to properly hold sparklers, how to stay far enough away from other children and what not to do; throw, run or fight with sparkler in hand—and always supervise closely.
• Always have a hose or water bucket handy.
• Never try to relight a dud (a firework that didn’t properly ignite).
• Soak all firework debris in water before throwing it away.
• Use fireworks and sparklers outdoors only.
• Wear safety goggles when handling or shooting off fireworks.
• Do not shoot fireworks off while under the influence of alcohol.
Take Precautions, Reduce Risk
Be sure that your celebrations comply with all applicable state and local laws. The laws regulate who can purchase and use fireworks, when they can be purchased and used, and what the maximum noise levels may be. Under these regulations, the focus is not only on product safety but also on the reduction of accidents and injuries to you the consumer.
Thanks for pointing out that it is best to plan in advance who will shoot them and what safety precautions should be done. I will keep that in mind now that I will be buying wholesale fireworks once I find a supplier that I can trust. They will be used for our wedding day as part of the program for everyone to enjoy.
16/9/2022 01:40:57 pm
Thank you for being yyou
Leave a Reply.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.