Auto - Truck - SUV - Motorcycle Serving Metairie & New Orleans, LA
Auto - Truck - SUV - Motorcycle Insurance in Metairie & New Orleans, LA
TWFG Insurance Tony Voiron represents many of the standard and preferred auto insurance companies in the market today. Our knowledgeable agents match policies to drivers of every age and style of vehicle. With our access to over 50 carries, we are sure to find the coverage you need at prices you can afford. We look forward to working with you to provide the solution that fits your needs.
What does an Auto Insurance Policy include?
Your car insurance policy protects your personal vehicle from an assortment of risks associated with operating it. This coverage is then broken down into liability protection for the driver, personal injury for the driver and passengers, coverage to protect from uninsured or underinsured drivers, comprehensive for damage that occurs other than collision and collision coverage.
Your policy may include 6 coverages, each priced separately.
1. Bodily Injury Liability This coverage applies to injuries that you, the designated driver or policyholder, cause to someone else. You and family members listed on the policy are also covered when driving someone else’s car with their permission.
It is extremely important to have enough liability insurance, because if you are involved in a serious accident, you may be sued for a large sum of money. State-required minimum insurance will not protect assets such as your home and savings.
2. Medical Payments or Personal Injury Protection (PIP) This coverage pays for the medical treatment of injuries to the driver and passengers of the policyholder's car. At its broadest, PIP can cover medical payments, lost income and the cost of replacing services normally performed by someone injured in an auto accident. It may also cover funeral costs.
3. Property Damage Liability This coverage pays for damage you (or someone driving the car with your permission) may cause to someone else's property. Usually, this means damage to someone else’s car, but it also includes damage to lamp posts, telephone poles, fences, buildings or other structures your car hit.
4. Collision This coverage pays for damage to your car resulting from a collision with another car, object or as a result of flipping over. It also covers damage caused by potholes. Collision coverage is generally sold with a deductible of $250 to $1,00; the higher your deductible, the lower your premium. Even if you are at fault for the accident, your collision coverage will reimburse you for the costs of repairing your car, minus the deductible. If you're not at fault, your insurance company may try to recover the amount they paid you from the other driver’s insurance company. If they are successful, you'll also be reimbursed for the deductible.
5. Comprehensive This coverage reimburses you for loss due to theft or damage caused by something other than a collision with another car or object, such as fire, falling objects, missiles, explosion, earthquake, windstorm, hail, flood, vandalism, riot, or contact with animals such as birds or deer.
Comprehensive insurance is usually sold with a $100 to $300 deductible, though you may want to opt for a higher deductible to lower your premium. It may also reimburse you if your windshield is cracked or shattered. Some companies offer glass coverage with or without a deductible.
6. Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage Uninsured (UI) will reimburse you, a member of your family, or a designated driver if one of you is hit by an uninsured or hit-and-run driver.
Underinsured Motorist (UM) coverage comes into play when an at-fault driver has insufficient insurance to pay for your total loss. This coverage will also protect you if you are hit as a pedestrian.