Extreme Weather Driving Tips
With holiday travel and extreme weather in our near future, we thought it would be a good time to share extreme weather driving tips with the new drivers in your household.
RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS
• Turn on your headlights, wipers, and defroster on to increase visibility.
• Drive in the tracks of the vehicle ahead of you and reduce your speed.
• Allow for increased space between your vehicle and the one in front of you.
• If you hydroplane, hold the steering wheel straight and remove your foot from the gas.
SNOW, SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN
• Clean ice and snow off your windows, hood, and trunk before departing.
• Drive with extreme caution and at reduced speeds.
• Do not brake quickly as you may spin out of control.
• Slow down before you reach a patch of fog in front of you.
• Use only your low beams or fog lights and put on your defroster and wipers to increase visibility.
• If the fog is extremely thick, roll down all of your windows to hear other vehicles around you.
Feel free to share with friends that have new drivers in their household.
TWFG Insurance Tony Voiron | 504-322-7299 | www.twfglouisiana.com
4/5/2023 06:40:48 pm
Thank you for beeing you
Leave a Reply.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.